If you have been placed on probation and do not fulfill the terms of your probation, you can be charged with a probation violation and be forced to defend against a Motion to Revoke or a Motion to Adjudicate being filed against you. Some of the most common violations include:

  • Committing a new crime

  • Failing to report

  • Failing to pay fees

  • Failing to complete community service

  • Failing a drug test

  • Failing to complete required drug or alcohol treatment

  • Failing to complete required programs or classes

If you have been charged with a probation violation, an arrest warrant has likely been issued. After a warrant has been issued, law enforcement has the right to take you into custody at any time and place they make contact with you. Sometimes people will be arrested when they report to probation. Do not just ignore a warrant for violating your probation; that will only make matters worse when you are eventually arrested. Instead, hire a lawyer experienced in defending against probation violations. Even if a Motion to Revoke or a Motion to Adjudicate has been filed that does not mean that your probation has been revoked. You are still on probation until the Judge rules on the motion. The Judge may decide to reinstate you, modify the conditions of your probation, add jail time as a condition of your probation instead of sending you to prison, send you for treatment, or the Judge may revoke your probation. In the event the Judge will not reinstate your probation, you still need an attorney to advocate for you to help you achieve the lowest sentence possible. If you have violated your probation, or if you have a pending Motion to Revoke or Motion to Adjudicate pending against you, contact Mrs. Lacayo to schedule a free initial consultation and case evaluation.